I’ve been personally blogging since 2012, but it’s taken me awhile to follow my real dream, having my own travel blog. Third time’s a charm, they say. I revamped and started Travel for Stamps anew in July. When I was nominated, I had no idea what the Liebster Award was. So, I did some searching and came across the Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2017 and read up on the origins and purpose of this blogger award. You can also get images to use for your site when you’re nominated.
The Liebster Award was created by bloggers for bloggers. You are chosen and nominated by a fellow blogger and you return that favor by thanking the blogger who nominated you and then nominating 5 bloggers with 200 readers or less. As the blogging community has evolved, so has the Liebster Award.
I would like to thank Jenn of Joyful Lane for nominating me for this blogger honor! I’m slowly trucking along this blogging journey and was wonderfully surprised to be selected. Without futher ado, here are my answers to the 10 questions asked by Jenn. Below my answers will be my nominees, their questions to answer, and the rules for the award.
Questions & Answers
1. Out of all the countries, you have visited, which one did you like the most?
This is always a tough question for me because I’ve fallen for a lot of places I’ve been to. I still love Spain, but my trips to Paris and Mykonos have captured my soul. Hmm…the jury is still out!
2. What is your blogging niche?
Travel for Stamps is a blog focusing on travel related content. I struggled with my blogging niche. The blog is obviously about travel, but WHAT about travel? And that’s where I think I got hung up and why it was such a struggle for me to get started. I want this travel blog to offer up useful information to readers and not just be a journal of my trips. So, I guess you could say my niche is travel information, tips, and planning.
3. What is the best memory you have while traveling?
In the summer of 2008, I studied abroad in Malta through a South Texas School of Law program. While I was there, I decided to get my scuba diving certification. Who wouldn’t want to learn how to scuba dive in the Mediterranean Sea? The water is breathtakingly beautiful. While underwater on my first dive, it dawned on me that I was completely submerged and surrounded by the clearest water I’ve ever been in, watching wildlife. It’s still the most surreal feeling I’ve had. To be completely underwater, with the silence of the sea…it was amazing.
4. If you could take one more trip, where would you go?
Iceland or New Zealand. I’m a nerd, so New Zealand is on my list solely so I can go to Hobbiton and fulfill my Lord of the Rings fantasy.
5. If you could be a super hero, who would you be and why?
Superman or Iron Man so I can fly anywhere in the world.
6. What is your favorite book or series?
Harry Potter. No need to even discuss. Best book series and movies ever.
7. Would you rather explore the deep ocean or outer space?
Space. What’s really out there?
8. Have you ever visited a place just because you saw it in a book/series/movie? What was the place?
Prague has been on my list of places to visit ever since I saw Chasing Liberty with Mandy Moore. I was enthralled and I’ll be fulfilling that dream of going to Prague this year.
9. Dog Person, Cat Person or both?
I’ve always been a dog person, but people always think I’m a cat person. Maybe they’re right. I really do need an animal that’s self sufficient. Cats fit the bill!
10. If you could go to dinner with one person who would it be?
Queen Nefertiti. I’m fascinated by history, especially that of ancient Egypt.
And the nominees are…
- Amy @Traveling Towards Happiness
- Sarah @Mom With A Map
- AJ @Diary Of An out of Towner
- Sarah Lynn @Long Live The Restless Hearts
- Rachel @Learn Grow Teach Go
Congrats! To accept this nomination, write a Liebster Award 2017 blog post and follow these Liebster Award rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award (travelforstamps.com)
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you (travelforstamps.com)
- Upload the award to your blog. It can be done as a blog or on the sidebar.
- Answer the questions you have been asked below
- Nominate 5 blogs with followers less than 200 that you believe deserve to receive the award. If you feel others deserve the award, then you are welcome to nominate more.
- Notify the nominated bloggers so that they can accept the award. Bloggers can be nominated more than once, giving their readers more chances to learn more about them.
Here are the 10 questions for my Liebster Award nominees.
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- What are your travel goals?
- If you could only take 1 more trip, where would you go?
- What’s your favorite place you’ve visited?
- When do you find time to blog?
- Solo travel or group travel?
- What is your fondest memory from your travels?
- What are the top 3 places you want to go that you haven’t been to yet?
- Why do you travel?
- What advice would you give to someone who wants to start their own blog?
Congratulations and can’t wait to read all your answers!