Meet Cynthia, a travel enthusiast who loves to travel so she can see and experience new things. She is a national and international travel blogger with a family of four, her husband and two sons. She has a full-time job as a Spanish teacher, but enjoys digital scrap booking which lead her to blogging. Cynthia has created her travel blog, Mackintosh Travels, to write about different destinations, lodgings, and restaurants around the world.
1. When did you fall in love with traveling?
In 2006 when our young family took a Disney cruise.
2. What’s your travel style?
Pre-plan, go with an open mind, and have fun!
3. How often do you travel?
Once or twice per year. More if I could.
4. Why did you start travel blogging?
I have scrap booked all my adult life and then found a blogging group. I was very intrigued and knew I had a lot to share.
5. How do you budget for traveling?
Pre-plan. I am a planner and our family naturally budgets for big items.
6.What is your least favorite destination?
I don’t have one. Why? Because I love to visit new places, meet new people, and souvenir shop!
7. Are you a full-time blogger?
Not at this moment, but I would love to be in the near future.
8. What’s your favorite city you have visited?
I have to choose two: Oahu, Hawaii and Edinburgh, Scotland.
9. What’s one thing you always travel with?
The essentials and my phone.
10. What have you learned from traveling?
How to pack and becoming even more organized than what I am already.
11. Where are you off to next?
We are undecided at the moment. We are giving our soon to be high school graduate first bids on where to go.
12. Has any place you visited surprised you or been different from what you expected?
Yes, Edinburgh, Scotland. The architecture was gorgeous!
13. Are you team solo travel of team group travel?
We travel as a family or as a couple.
14. Do you have any funny or interesting travel stories?
In Paris, we were at Subway. I like mustard with my sandwich. I ordered mustard on my sandwich as usual. When I bit into it, I realized it was Dijon mustard. I do not like spicy foods so I had to scrape the mustard off of my sandwich. In Paris, they only use Dijon mustard.
15. What would you say to someone who wants to start their own travel blog?
Go for it. Be patient. It’s a learning curve and always a work in progress. Learn from others bloggers. Get involved with blogging groups. Do as you can if you are working full time at another job. Then, help other bloggers with questions when you can because you’ve been there.
You can read all about Cynthia’s travels and tips on her website Mackintosh Travels. Follow her on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. If you would like to be featured in the Wednesday Wanderer series, send me an email at travelforstamps @ gmail.com
Let me know what you think in the comments below!